Monday, January 14, 2013

stamped photo box.

Among my recent obsession with typewriters, red lipstick, and The Beatles, I'm also loving photo boxes. I recently purchased two from Michael's and realized I have somewhat of a growing collection (a whopping total of six). I chose neutral-colored boxes because I was anticipating decorating them. I found a really simple pattern that flows well with the vibe in my room. Here are my step by step instructions to decorate a photo box.
No paintbrush? No problem. All you need is an empty toilet paper roll and acrylic paint.
Dip one end of the toilet paper roll into a dollup of paint and stamp onto box surface.
I removed the metal label bracket with needlenose pliers in order to maintain my stamping pattern.
Typed and added a label.
As a personal choice, I decided not to stamp the sides of the lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment