Monday, September 2, 2013

strolling downtown.

For the first time, I had the chance to explore downtown Lawrence through a creative lens. Finally, the heat subsided and walking a block only worked up a healthy glow. I was already sold that Lawrence has charm but this time I kept in mind that this is my new home. Neighborhoods are completely different from the suburbs I'm used to in California. Houses are aged but have cute little porches with wicker furniture and delicately potted plants. Crickets buzz in the trees that hang low, shading the sidewalks. It was a lovely day to explore a park along the way, where a summer wedding was just beginning. Inessa (my roommate from Germany) and I couldn't pass up a few scoops of homemade ice cream from Sylas & Maddy's, a townie favorite. This is just the first of many more adventures! xx Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment